Training and Development Professional Skills 6S3372 QQI/FETAC Level 6
The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to identify training and development needs and to deliver and evaluate a training intervention within a range of training and development contexts.
Kilmuckridge Centre of Further Education offers a Training and Development Programme leading to a QQI (FETAC) Major Award in Training and Development Professional Skills 6S3372 QQI/FETAC which is a Level 6 Special Purpose Award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
This award is essential for any training professional who wants to update their qualifications to the new FETAC/QQI standard.
It will equip both experienced and new trainers with the most up to date knowledge in training development, delivery and evaluation. Two minor awards can be taken together to achieve the full Special Purpose Award.
Train the Trainer E30179 Level 6
Learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad range of knowledge of training and development practice and the role of training and development across a range of organisations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key principles and theoretical concepts underpinning training and development within a range of contexts.
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools to develop strategies required for training and development needs identification, delivery and evaluation in a range of contexts.
- Select from appropriate tools and techniques to identify training and development needs, deliver and evaluate a training intervention.
- Apply training and development concepts, technical skills and creative thinking to a range of contexts.
- Implement a training and development plan to include the identification of training and development needs within an organisation and delivery and evaluation of training interventions.
- Evaluate own learning and assist others to identify their learning styles and needs within a training and development context.
- Reflect on personal and professional practice, evaluating the impact on others within a training and development context.
To access programmes leading to this award the learner should have reached the standards of knowledge, skill and competence associated with the preceding level of the National Framework of Qualifications.
This may have been achieved through a formal qualification or through relevant life and work experience.
Achievement of this award will enable the learner to progress to other appropriate programmes leading to awards at the next or higher levels of the National Framework of Qualifications. This programme is aimed at practicing trainers including supervisors, managers, coordinators and freelance trainers who wish to develop advanced training skills. The course enables trainers and others to develop their skills and knowledge in a range of areas relating to personal and professional development in a training environment.
On completion of KCFE's Training and Development programme participants will be able to manage complex situations that arise in their daily work as trainers.
The grading of the QQI/FETAC award is as follows:
Pass 50-64% Merit 65-79% Distinction 80-100%
The grade achieved will be determined by the grades achieved on the components
The total credit value required for this certificate is 30
Single Component: € 300 or Both components: €500
All participants are encourged to take part in suitable work experience/shadow tutoring
during the programme.
It is the responsibility of the learners to secure an appropriate work experience placement.
Please note: KCFE can NOT insure candidates while attending work experience.
All training is delivered in a friendly and comfortable training centre with experienced and dedicated tutors focusing on ensuring each trainee is given every opportunity to learn the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities in order to excel in their training role.
To view more information in relation to the specific learning outcomes of this award please see the full Award descriptor which is available on the FETAC website.
To find out if any of the above components are currently scheduled please visit our Course Scheduled page.