Early Care & Education Practice 5N1770 QQI/FETAC Level 5
Who should apply:
Anyone interested in working with Children or in the Childcare environment.
Learners will be able to:
2. Outline relevant legislation, policies, practices and procedures pertaining to ECCE provision.
3. Explain the importance of self-awareness and effective interpersonal skills in an ECCE setting.
4. Explain the rights of the child in the context of an ECCE setting.
5. Communicate effectively with children, families and colleagues.
6. Implement practices and activities to promote equality and value diversity in an ECCE setting.
7. Implement administration and operational procedures in an ECCE setting.
8. Participate effectively in team work in an ECCE setting.
9. Implement care and education routines with children in the ECCE setting.
10. Maintain a quality ECCE environment that complies with relevant regulations and standards.
Assignment 30% Assignment 30% Learner Record 40%
Pass - 50-64% Merit - 65-79% Distinction - 80-100%
Students obtaining certification in Childcare may progress to further studies at selected third level colleges under the Higher Education Links Scheme.
Other options include entering direct employment within the childcare profession as:
• Crèche/Nursery Worker
• Professional Child-minder
• Au Pair
• Pre-school Teacher
• Special Needs Assistant (SNA)
• Primary School Classroom Assistant
• Play school Assistant
Following successful completion Kilmuckridge Centre of Further Education will offer a QQI/ FETAC Level 5 component in Early Care & Education Practice 5N1770 QQI/FETAC which is a Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Early Care & Education Practice 5N1770 QQI/FETAC is a component of Early Childhood Care and Education 5M2009 QQI/FETAC Level 5 Major Award.
Learners who successfully complete this programme may use the associated credits as a stand-alone qualification or as one component of a Major Award, with a view to continue onto further education into Early Childhood Care and Education 6M2007 QQI/FETAC Level 6