Who should apply:
- Examine work organisations and personal career opportunities in a particular vocational area, to include consideration of work- related issues and needs.
- Analyse key challenges and opportunities facing a particular vocational area.
- Summarise the basic rights and responsibilities of employees and employers.
- Compile a personal and vocational skills audit and career plan.
- Present relevant work experience material, to include a CV or personal statement, letter of application, evidence of job-finding skills, skills check list, and statement of learning goals.
- Participate effectively in work experience, to include observation of good timekeeping, working independently while under general direction.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in the workplace.
- Reflect on workplace experiences, to include feedback by supervisor.
- Explore options for future education, training and employment in light of work experience.
Skills Demonstration 60% Collection of Work 40%
Pass - 50-64% Merit - 65-79% Distinction - 80-100%
Following successful completion Kilmuckridge Centre of Further Education will offer a QQI/ FETAC Level 5 component in Work Experience (5N1356) which is a Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Work Experience (5N1356) is a component of Healthcare Support 5M4339 QQI/FETAC Level 5 Major Award and
Learners who successfully complete this programme may use the associated credits as a stand-alone qualification or as one component of a Major Award, with a view to moving up to the next level.
All training is delivered in a friendly and comfortable training centre with experienced and dedicated tutors focusing on ensuring each trainee is given every opportunity to learn the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities in order to excel in their educational role.
To find out if the above component is currently scheduled please visit our Course Scheduled page