Creative Arts for Early Childhood 5N1769 QQI/FETAC Level 5
The purpose of the award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in facilitating child’s learning, development and well-being through the provision of creative opportunities to enable the learner to devise experiences, activities, interaction and materials with regard to the age and stage of development of the child utilising varied media, art and craft, drama, music and any other creative
Who should apply:
Anyone interested in working with Children or in the Childcare environment.
Learners will be able to:
1. Examine a variety of creative media opportunities with young children
2. Summarise the benefits of exploration and participation in creative arts for the child
3. Explore the role of the adult in creating an environment in which children feel secure and confident enough to take risks and explore new situations
4. Plan opportunities for consultation with children to plan and engage in creative arts experiences
5. Test open ended materials and natural items for creative arts in both the indoor and outdoor environments appropriate to different stages of children’s development
6. Explore challenges for adults in respecting choices and decisions of children
7. Employ developmentally appropriate creative arts activities which promote the holistic development of the child
8. Reflect on own role and responsibilities when engaging in creative arts activities with children mindful of health and safety
Project 40% Collection of Work 60%
The grading of the QQI/FETAC component is as follows:
Pass - 50-64% Merit - 65-79% Distinction - 80-100%
G Training Centre, Gorey
Duration: 10 - 12 weeks Start Date: To be Confirmed
All participants are required to be Garda Vetted and take part in suitable work experience during the programme.
It is the responsibility of the learners to secure an appropriate work experience placement.
Please note: KCFE can NOT insure candidates while attending work experience.
Students obtaining certification in Childcare may progress to further studies at selected third level colleges under the Higher Education Links Scheme.
Other options include entering direct employment within the childcare profession as:
• Crèche/Nursery Worker
• Professional Child-minder
• Au Pair
• Pre-school Teacher
• Special Needs Assistant (SNA)
• Primary School Classroom Assistant
• Playschool Assistant
Following successful completion Kilmuckridge Centre of Further Education will offer a QQI/ FETAC Level 5 component in Creative Arts for Early Childhood 5N1769 QQI/FETAC which is a Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
All training is delivered in a friendly and comfortable training centre with experienced and dedicated tutors focusing on ensuring each trainee is given every opportunity to learn the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities in order to excel in their childcare role.
To view more information in relation to the specific learning outcomes of this component please see the full Component Specification which is available on the QQI/FETAC website.
To find out if the above component is currently scheduled please visit our Course Scheduled page.