Kilmuckridge Centre of Further Education Assessment Standards QQI (FETAC)
Kilmuckridge Centre of Further Education's assessment process and procedures for FETAC programmes have been
established and developed in accordance with QQI's Quality Assuring Assessment: Policy (2006)
and QQI's Quality Assuring Assessment Guidelines for Providers (2008)
Authentication of QQI (FETAC) Programmes
As a FETAC provider, Kilmuckridge Centre of Further Educatio is expected to conduct quality assured assessment and
authentication process, and to engage appropriately with QQI to authenticate results prior to
submission to FETAC for certification.
This authentication process is completed as follows.
The internal verification process within KCFE involves two key elements:
- verifying that the Centre’s assessment procedures have been applied across the range of assessment activities
- confirming assessment results by checking learner evidence exists and marks and grades are recorded accurately
Internal Verifiers are members of KCFE's staff who are appointed by the Manger and are subject matter experts
- check and adherence to the Centre’s quality assured assessment procedures
- check results are recorded for all learners being entered for the award
- confirm the accuracy of results on a sample of learner evidence (depending on the class size and subject to agreement of the examinations office).
- identify and address any irregularities, following internal procedures
- generate an internal verification report
The internal verifier is required to attend, and participate in, Results Approval Panel Meetings, to support the assessment authentication and results approval process.
The Internal Verification Report generated is made available to
- the external authenticator
External Authentication – EA QQI (FETAC)
The External Authentication provides independent confirmation of fair and consistent assessment in accordance with national standards (on a sample basis).
An External Authenticator is an individual with technical/subject matter expertise, and is required to be independent of the centre to which they are assigned.
The role of the External Authenticator is to:
- moderate assessment results
- confirm fair and consistent assessment of learners consistent with the Centre’s procedures and QQi (FETAC) requirements
- sample learner evidence
- produce an external authentication report and sign-off on results
- the results approval panel and
- the relevant FETAC monitor(s)